From small beginnings come great things
ParkYa is an early stage company with a vision of making parking easier and effortless for the global parking industry. We believe that parking doesn’t need to be stressful or complicated and we have made it our mission to make parking easier.
ParkYa is a mobile application platform which helps drivers find the best place to park based on location and price. The company’s journey began in November 2011, where Jason Roe won second place in the 48 hour open Data challenge, an event that was run by the NDRC Inventorium.
ParkYa was founded by two Irish entrepreneurs.
We have strong roots with the Open Data community and are regular contributors on open data policy and initiatives. We have worked closely with Dublin City Council and Fingal County council.
Key Milestones Achieved:
• May 2012: Started Phase 1 of Enterprise Ireland’s New Frontiers
• July 2012: Started Phase 2 of Enterprise Ireland’s New Frontiers
• Nov 2012: Launched Registration for Private Beta of ParkYa
• Dec 2012: Launch of private beta
• Feb 2013: NDRC Launchpad Finalists
• May 2013: Winners Dublin Beta – People’s choice (Find out more about this here)
• June 2013: Launch ParkYa as public beta